44°42′45″N 73°18′19″WGrand Isle was originally named "Middle Hero" when it was subdivided from the town of South Hero in November 1798. The town was renamed In November 1810.
"The Islander proves a community newspaper can deliver news and interest stories of great value and high quality to an audience beyond its geographical confines. Grand Isle is a county worth knowing!"-Jared Katz